We are pleased to announce the 2019 call for applications to the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program: an opportunity for early career researchers.
CIFAR, a Canadian-based global organization, brings together nearly 400 researchers from over 16 countries who together are pursuing answers to some of the most complex challenges facing the world today. The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides funding, skills training, mentorship, and opportunities to collaborate with colleagues from diverse disciplines, positioning scholars as research leaders and agents of change.
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global network of top-tier research leaders
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with colleagues from diverse disciplines
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Specialized leadership and communications skills training, and support to put their skills into action
Applicants can be from anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of a full-time academic research position (e.g. Assistant Professor level or equivalent). Scholars' research interests must be aligned with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program. In 2019, the eligible programs are:
We invite you to share this opportunity with exceptional early career researchers in your network.
Applications must be submitted by February 5, 2019. All applications are submitted online and must include two letters of reference. A detailed overview of the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program, along with full eligibility requirements and how to apply, are available on ourwebsite.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.